Ecological Communities in a Changing World
Three years in, and we finally had a chance to take an in-person lab group picture (05/05)! It has been a really challenging journey so far but I am glad that we have a great team now. Left to right: Ariel Mata, Sydne Martin, Tina Nguyen, Daijiang Li, Rohit Jha, Pablo Moreno, Evelin Reyes, Flavia Montaño.
- 08/20: 🎉 🎉 REU student Emily’s poster won one of the best posters at CCT. CCT will support her to present it in a national conference next year! Congrats!!
- 08/14: Two of us (Daijiang and Pablo) went to the annual meeting of the Ecological Society of America in Portland, Oregon and had a great conference there to hear about the new work in the field and to connect with colleagues.
- 08/03: 🎉 🎉 Evelin got an Underground Explorers grant from SPUN to sample soil fungi communities in Honduras. Congrats!!
- 07/23: Daijiang went to the Morton Arboretum and had a great week there working with collaborators on a future grant proposal.
- 07/07: 🎉 🍦 The lab got a NSF award to work on the eco-evo drivers of nitrogen fixing plants 🌿 and soil microbial symbiosis at continental scales!
- 07/01: 👋 Welcome Dr. Yu (Grant) Liu to the lab as a postdoc! Grant will work on species invasions with NEON data and advanced statistical models.
- 05/31: 🎉 🎉 Huge congratulations to postdoc Flavia, who will start her own lab as an Assistant Professor here at LSU soon!
- 05/22: 👋 We welcome a new member, Emily Ramos, into the lab this summer. Emily is from the Fordham University and will work with us as a REU student this summer!
- 05/02: 🍾 Daijiang received the non-tenured faculty research award from the College of Science!
- 04/24: We had our first in person PI meeting for our #NSFfunded Phenobase project at LSU! We are really excited to work with this great team on a super important project.
- 02/28: Paper accepted at Ecography!
- 02/01: Daijiang attended a workshop organized by the Urban Eco-Evo Network at the University of Washington; lots of exciting ideas regarding 🏙️️ urban eco-evo dynamics 🏙️️ to think about.
- 11/23: 🍾 Paper led by Flavia was published at Global Ecology and Biogeography!
- 10/21: 📢 Our lab has two new postdoc positions opening: one on species invasions and one on deep learning and ontology development. Please apply if interested.
- 10/20: Daijiang was interviewed by KSLA TV Station regarding the Phenobase project.
- 10/12: 🍾 Our proposal to synthesize urban invasion ecology was funded by iDiv (German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research)! Lots of exciting projects to be done with a large group of collaborators!
- 09/01: 🍾 The lab is officially #NSFfunded today! We are going to work on a project to study species invasions with advanced statistical models and to work on a project to build a global database of plant phenology (PhenoBase) by integrating existing phenological records and adding new records using deep learning approaches.
- 08/26: Daijiang participated in the Urban Eco-Evo and Long-Term Ecology working group at the beautiful Sevilleta Field Station in New Mexico.
- 08/22: Welcome Rohit and Linta to the lab as the latest graduate students! We are excited to have both of you here!
- 06/15: The lab is growing! We welcome Pablo to our lab as postdoc! Pablo will work on plant-pollinator related projects and we are so excited!
- 01/05: Flavia officially joined the lab as a postdoc! Welcome Fla!
- 10/12: We are looking for 2 PhD students to start 2022 fall (Job ad here)! Reach out if you are interested.
- 09/22: Welcome Sofia and Alexis to the lab! We are very excited to have your here.
- 08/11: Evelin Reyes joined us as a PhD student! Welcome Evelin! Cannot wait to do some exciting science together!
- 02/20: Our paper about flower duration was on the cover of Global Change Biology, check it out!
- 02/01: Matt Blanchard joined the lab as a Research Associate. Welcome!
- 11/15: We have one lab technician position opening. Please apply if you are interested.
- 11/23: We have one postdoc position opening! Check it out and let’s do some exciting work together!
- 11/10: We have two fully funded PhD student positions in the lab. Students will be able to follow their research interests. Please get in touch if you are interested.
- 08/15: 🚀 🚀 🚀 the lab is opening at August 15th, 2020 at LSU!! Feel free to contact me to discuss about opportunities! 🎆 🎉 🎊